Working on my closet to make it versatile is one of my favorite things to do. Figuring out what to wear with an outfit to make it look different is something that interests every fashionista and is so fascinating. I hope this post would help you to find more versatility in your wardrobe.
We all have that dress in our closet that we love and would want to wear on all occasions, at any time of the day. But sometimes that dress is just not fit for all the occasions. I have this velvet golden evening gown with a front slit that I love so much and would want to wear it casually and in a wedding and like anywhere. But, because it is something that cannot be worn as a street style or as an ethnic wear, it just waits in my closet for the right occasion. So, this time I thought of pairing this dress up with some really cool outfits and wear it casually and as an ethnic wear too.
This is the dress that I would be styling in a casual way and as an ethnic outfit.
- Casual look: I paired up this front slit dress with a pair of distressed denims, Smiley cap and white sneakers to give it a casual look. When it comes to casual look, a pair of denims is my staple. I also wore a statement pom-pom necklace for a carefree look. Because the dress was too long to wear with denims, I tied 2 knots at both the open ends of the dress. And this is how I got this street style look.
2. Ethnic look: For my ethnic look, I wore a Black and Gold Chanderi fabric saree with my dress and paired up my outfit with a waist belt to give it an edgy look. Saree looks super trendy when worn with a front slit long dress. You can pairup a long black front slit dress with a chiffon or cotton geometric print saree or any kind of saree and it will surely look super trendy. And because I love fusion look, I can definitely wear this look in an Indian wedding.
Which look do you like the most?
Let me know in the comments below.
Also, Thefashiondryrun got featured into IFB for its weekly roundup of the best fashion post. 🙂 .. You can checkout the link HERE.
And also some of the best posts from IFB’s Link ala mode:
Links à la Mode, July 13th
- Adorned in Armor: 3 Reasons Why Change is Necessary to Reach Your Goals
- Aesthetic Distance: UberPOOL As A Dating App: Clever Or Creepy?
- Cold Hard Fash: Mommy a la Mode
- Couture Crush: Summer Rompers
- Everest Says: How to Style Sunglasses in 3 Ways
- Funky Jungle: Summer Vacation Edit
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: The Sweetest Midi Skirt
- Life in the Fash Lane: 10 Reasons to Not Follow Me on Instagram
- Lay Summers: Marc Fisher is the Shoebrand You Need
- Myriad Musings: What to Wear to a Summer Wedding
- Sifa’s Corner: How to Enjoy Your DIet & Cardio for a New Gorgeous Look This Summer
- The Fashion Dryrun: Some Shopping Tips + Mid-Season Sale haul + Shopping Favorites
- Queen Bee’s Diary: Bucket List Ideas